1) Eligibility for allocation of a Day Nursery place is based upon the availability of places within the relevant age group and the agreement of the Day Nursery Manager. Full day care is from 8-00 a.m. to 6-00 p.m. Morning sessions include lunch and are from 8-00 a.m. to 1-30 p.m. and Afternoon sessions are from 1-30 p.m. to 6-00 p.m. Places are registered upon receipt of completed application forms and accompanying non-refundable securing deposit which is then credited upon first attendance.
2) A waiting list is held and vacant places are offered according to the list and nursery considerations. Applications for siblings may take precedence, and the final decision in any event is reserved with the nursery management.
3) Fees are settled by monthly standing order or combination of childcare voucher and standing order. Once a child is in receipt of Nursery Education Grant (age 3+) termly invoices may be forwarded with the option to pay by monthly instalment.
We reserve the right to review fees as and when required.
4) Four weeks notice is required of your intention to alter your child’s registered attendance, otherwise a month’s fees will be charged. Fees for NEG receiving children are due until the end of each term (dates as per invoice) regardless of leaving date.
5) In the event that a start date is delayed, unless otherwise agreed, fees are due as from the originally agreed start date.
6) There is no charge when the nursery is closed due to Bank & Public holidays or the Christmas week close down, however, no refund will be payable in the event of inclement weather closure.
7) Holiday Absence – No refund is payable for holiday non-attendance.
8) Written instructions regarding the administration of any medication required by the child whilst at the nursery must be given to the manager or a senior nursery officer and the parents must sign the medication book prior to administration. If a child is asthmatic the appropriate form must be completed and an inhaler, clearly labelled, must be provided.
9) No child will be accepted into the nursery if they are obviously ill on arrival, or, suffering from any infectious or contagious condition, for example conjunctivitis, diarrhoea, impetigo, chicken pox, or any of the normal childhood illnesses. Minor coughs and colds though, are acceptable, so long as the child is well enough in his/herself, to enjoy the nursery day. It may be advisable to telephone the office to enable an informed decision to be made on attendance. In any event, it is for the Nursery Manager to decide whether a child should attend the nursery.
10) If a child becomes ill whilst at the nursery parents will be notified and asked to collect the child as soon as they are able. If a child has to be collected early from nursery due to illness, a doctors opinion in favour of a return to nursery must be gained before that child may re-attend.
11) Should a child fall ill or suffer an accident whilst at nursery, every effort will be made to immediately contact the parents and child’s own doctor. However, if contact is not possible, we reserve the right to take whatever action we deem necessary. Your authority for this is implied on the forwarding of completed application forms. The Nursery is registered at Cornerways Medical Practice in Ringwood. Whilst we will always endeavour to provide the greatest reasonable care, we decline to accept liability for all reasonable actions or non-actions taken by nursery staff in such circumstances and that Ellingham House Day Nursery Ltd would not assume any liability for same.